Bathroom remodeling is one of the best ways of preparing a home for sale. After kitchen remodels, bathroom remodels are next in raising the sales value of your home.
Bathroom remodeling ideas need not be reserved for a house that is to be sold, however. You can enjoy a bathroom remodel now, and know that it will be an advantage when the time comes to sell the home.
The home’s bathrooms are the rooms of heavy use. As such, they get a lot of wear and time. They also are seen many times each day. Bathroom remodels can keep your baths looking good and functioning properly.
There are many ways that you can remodel a bathroom. Here are a few ideas.
1. Wall Tiles: Most contractors will tell you that 4 by 4 inch wall tiles are outdated. Replace them with 8 by 13 inch glazed ceramic tiles. The new tiles will be attractive and will help prevent mold. They will also keep your lower walls from being damaged by splashes from faucets. As part of your bathroom remodeling, paint the upper walls, and run a decorative border of tiles between lower wall tiles and the upper, painted wall.
2. Floor tiles: Visible, light flooring can create a feeling of increased space. If your bathroom remodeling project is, at least in part, because your bathroom seems small, install 12 by 12 inch light-colored floor tiles diagonally. The lines and the light color will give the illusion of much more space.
3. Heated Floor: Before you lay those floor tiles, consider heated floor as part of your bathroom remodeling project. Your whole family will appreciate them, and when it comes time to sell your home, heated bathroom floors will be an enormous selling point. bathroom remodel
4. Vanity: Use your bathroom remodeling as an opportunity to get clean, free lines. Replace the vanity with a new “floating” type that does not touch the floor. Choose one with a granite or marble countertop. If you like the granite when you’re done, your bathroom remodeling project can prepare you for replacing kitchen countertops later. You may want a granite vanity top with one of the new vessel sinks.
5. Faucets: Faucets at the sink and tub are a wonderful place to begin a bathroom remodeling project. Once thought utilitarian, faucets have become stylish fixtures. At little cost, you can replace yours with vintage Victorian faucets, or sleek bamboo faucets resembling the bamboo fountain in an Asian garden.
6. Toilets: Relocating a toilet can call for major bathroom remodeling. Replacing it, however, is a simpler task, and can quickly update an old bathroom. If you want to further update your bath, consider adding a bidet. This bathroom remodeling project may require a contractor.
7. Lighting: Much bathroom remodeling falls short of its goal because overhead lighting is allowed to remain. While moisture resistant can lights above tub or shower can be helpful, an overhead light should be replaced by wall lights to increase the value of your bath.